Click on TIM to listen to this intriguing story about King Arthur in search of the answer to the question: What is it that women most desire in the world?
19 ene. 2015
8 ene. 2015
This year the EOI organises a very short story competition and you are expected to participate. The skill of writing stories is also part of the curriculum.
The 7 key elements of a successful and effective short story are:
1. good content (plot and climax/surprising element, theme, setting, characters, point of view)
2. clarity (cohesion & coherence)
3. brevity (100 words) and art of suggesting
4. range and precision of vocabulary
5. style (beauty, charm, rhythm)
6. Reference to common elements of the world, general knowledge. Famous literary/ historical references
7. Title (extra info/ meaning)
Here are 2 links with fantastic examples for you to read:
STORIES and PHOTOSTORIES
Here are 3 links to webpages full of useful tips and ideas to help you to improve your writing skills:
PROMPTS, CREATIVE, FORWARD
Think about the many sources for inspiration you have within and around you to start creating now!